The Davis County Veterans Affairs Commission is a member of the Iowa County Commissions of Veterans Affairs. The Commissioners, Executive Director and staff are certified to handle veterans’ issues and update their certifications each year.
VA benefits and services fall into these major categories:
- Disability benefits
- Education & training benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation & employment
- Home loans burial benefits
- Dependents and survivors benefits
- Life insurance
- Health care
You may be eligible for VA health care benefits if you are a veteran. You may be eligible for other VA benefits if you are a:
- Veteran’s dependent
- Surviving spouse or child of a deceased veteran
- Member of the military reserves or National Guard
- Active duty military service member
The Davis County Veterans Affairs office provides the following services to eligible veterans and their families:
- Obtaining military records
- Distributing markers/flag holders for veterans graves
- Coordination of transportation to VA Medical Centers
- Iowa Veterans Home
- Veteran lifetime hunting & fishing license
- Veterans vehicle license plates
- Iowa Workforce Development
- Military exemption from real estate taxes
- County funded Veterans Relief Program
The Veterans Affairs office also provide emergency assistance with basic needs to veterans and families
- Rent payments
- Emergency medical
- Emergency dental
- Special needs
Our Pledge to You
- Treat you with courtesy, compassion and respect at all times.
- Communicate with you accurately, completely and clearly.
- Provide timely service to you.
- Make our services accessible to you.
- Fully answer your questions, concerns and complaints.
- Always give you our very best effort.