Megan Clyman
County Recorder

Megan Price
Deputy Recorder

Welcome to the Recorders Office

The Davis County Recorder’s Office is responsible for maintaining official records of information concerning your home, family, business and recreation. We also issue thousands of hunting and fishing licenses annually, register boats, snowmobiles, and ATVs.

The Recorder’s office maintains all official real estate documents and provides retrieval and reproduction of these records for the public and businesses. Some of the official documents in our office are:

  • Deeds & Contracts
  • Mortgages
  • Assignments
  • Releases
  • Plats & Surveys
  • Easements
  • State & Federal Tax Liens
  • Military Records
  • Birth/Death/Marriage Records

Office Hours
Monday – Friday  8:00 am – 4:00 pm



100 Courthouse Square, Suite 7
Bloomfield, IA 52537

Helpful Links
Iowa County Land Records
Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources
Document Formatting Standards
Fee Schedule

Community Links
Bloomfield Main Street
Davis County Schools

Passport applications are accepted by appointment only, please contact our office to schedule one. For further passport and travel information visit

Forms and Applications

Real Estate

Recording Fees
$7.00 first
$5.00 each additional page

Transfer documents $5.00 per section or block of land. For more details, please reference the Fee Schedule.

Declaration of Value
Groundwater Hazard Form
Groundwater Hazard Instructions

Iowa Real Estate Transfer Tax Calculation

This calculation is based on a $1.60 tax per thousand, and the first $500 is exempt.

Military Records

Copies of military discharges are free of charge.


Military discharge papers (known as DD214’s) may be recorded as permanent records and certified to perfect claims. In order to obtain a certified copy, the original document must first be recorded at the Recorder’s Office upon discharge from service. You may request a certified copy by completing the Application for Certified Copy and mailing it to the Davis County Recorder’s Office, 100 Courthouse Square, Suite 7, Bloomfield, Iowa 52537

If you did not record your discharge papers at that time, and cannot locate the original, a copy of your discharge papers may be obtained by contacting the National Archives and Records Administrator at

Department of Veterans Affairs

For more information contact your local Veteran’s Affairs Office at 641-664-2170

Boats, Snowmobiles, ATV's, Recreational Vehicles

For the most current rules and regulations, visit the Iowa DNR Website

Bill of Sale

7% tax
6% use tax collected if purchased out of state
Registration fee, title and lien if applicable

Download the Title Application form

Use this form for:

  • New Titles, Duplicate Titles,
  • New Registrations & Renewals
  • Security Interest Liens
  • Transfers

Start typing and press Enter to search

Shopping Cart